The Kit asks the question: Is it safer to eat at home or out at a restaurant?
The Kit was distributed from June 2020, and evaluated during December 2021 and January 2022.
- We estimate that at least 308 Debate Kits have been used with students.
- Feedback from teachers who have used the Kit is consistently positive. Teachers value the ability of the Kit to encourage critical thinking and appreciation of others’ opinions.
- 94% of teachers responding to the feedback survey, reported that they intend to use the Debate Kit again.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had significant and ongoing impacts on schools and teaching. Teacher feedback across our projects indicates a need to focus on the core curriculum due to lost time from school closures, students isolating, and navigating changing restrictions. This is reflected in feedback we have received which indicates that many teachers have not yet had time to make use of the Kit.
- 57% of teachers who told us they haven’t yet used the Kit report that they intend to use it in the future.