Antibiotic Resistance Debate Kit

Should the Health Services tell GPs to give back-up prescriptions* instead of immediate antibiotics wherever possible?

the power and limitations of science and considering ethical issues which may arise

This simple debate kit provides all you need to get your students discussing the issues behind the extremely important topic of Antibiotic resistance. Eight character cards explore a world without antibiotics, the economics of drug research, the effect of antibiotics in farming and patient choice amongst others.

The kit follows our tried and tested format, based on character cards and lesson notes. It includes 8 debate cards outlining the opinions of different fictional characters with an interest in antibiotic resistance, and teacher notes to help you carry out the lesson effectively. The activity is design to last for 50 minutes and takes very little preparation.

The debate kits are free to UK and Republic of Ireland (thanks to Science Foundation Ireland) based teachers. Sign up to receive an Antibiotic Resistance Debate Kit!

This debate is being funded by e-Bug, a project operated by Public Health England.

*A back-up (or delayed) prescription is when the doctor advises the patient that they will probably get better within a few days anyway, but gives them a prescription for antibiotics which they can use if they don’t get better soon, or they feel worse, and they think they need it.

Posted on October 16, 2014 by modangela in News. 7 Comments.

7 Responses to Antibiotic Resistance Debate Kit

1. Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe that this web site needs far more attention. I’ll probably
    be back again to see more, thanks for the info!

2. Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored to death at work so I decided
    to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break.
    I really like the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take a
    look when I get home. I’m surprised at how quick your blog
    loaded on my mobile .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G
    .. Anyways, awesome blog!

3. Giving this surprise might be a sensitive subject but think us when we say Pop may thank you (even when it is muted).

4. Undeniably imagine that that you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the internet the simplest factor to take into accout of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed even as other folks consider issues that they plainly don’t realize about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top as smartly as defined out the entire thing without having side
    effect , folks can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more.
    Thanks

5. Thank you for any other informative site. Where else could I get that kind of information written in such a perfect approach?
    I’ve a undertaking that I am just now working on, and I have been on the glance out for such information.

6. There might be laughter in joking off thoughtless gifts for some, however I recognize your fixing this theme.